Wednesday, October 3, 2012

'I've got cake!' The tenth Dr.

Hello, my dear readers! I am horribly behind on this blog and I apologize for it being a week late. I had a great response from the last post. You are some Who fans, my peeps. So, with no further flowery words that you do not want to read, I give you the Tenth Dr.
We're talking the middle look here. I'm going to throw out there that you try your local thrift stores, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Salvation Army and Buffalo Exchange. All great places for looks for less! That being said, I know a lot of us do not have the time to get to said stores during their hours due to our schedules. So, to the interwebs I go!

Let's start with that wicked blazer, yea?

Love this one: Bridgett Bailey for $74.99
Bridgett Bailey for $80.99
A little funky: Tommy Girl for $46.99

Again, skinny jeans ... salvation army, good will, TJ Maxx. Just look for dark wash and if they're too long any dry cleaner will take them up for $10. If they charge you more, they're robbing you blind.

That over coat is ... well ... reminds me of Dana Scully, but there are several ass-kicking female cops, FBI agents and the like on tv now-a-days that rock them. Provided you get one that fits you correctly and lacks shoulder pads, you wont be pulling the 'Dana Scully 90's line-backer' look. Here are some I found:

With a bit of feminine flare: Modcloth $179.99
Hilary Radley Studio for $79.99
Vince Camuto for $41.99

So, Chucks. The all-American shoe. They can be found absolutely everywhere including the Converse website.
Overstock.com
Zappos.com
6pm.com

Okay. Let's tackle those accessories! I, thankfully, do not need glasses, but I have long wanted a fashion pair. I happen to look good in glasses and frequently have been the big kid in the eye doctor's office trying on the frames they have on display. What can I say? I love eye wear.

Lots and lots of reading glasses on Overstock.com
Zappos.com
6pm.com

If you search 'fashion glasses' on google you get a ton of links. Choose whats right for you!

So, that necklace and that ring ... I could make that ring for 1/16th of the price of the one on that polyvore. Let's start with the necklace:

Turn Back Time Neckalce Modcloth $24.99
Double Time Necklace Modcloth $24.99
Old and New Pocket Watch Modcloth $27.99

If you want to go another way and use the rose as a necklace: Modcloth $11.99

And now the ring that I could make for about $6 ...
Black roses: Modcloth $12.99
Modcloth $14.99

A simple search on Etsy.com reveal several VERY affordable options for rose rings.In varying colors. Etsy.com

And there you have it! The Tenth Dr. I hope you enjoyed this! My dear EM is trying to throw together the 9th Dr. for NYCC next weekend. A part of me is debating going as a '20th Century Dana Scully', but I think I may wind up skipping the heels for my comfy sneakers and a funky geeky shirt. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. The enterprise assures that emptor data and facts that embody email and address is strictly confidential at Shopindress and might not be utilized or given to any third party.
    Puffy Wedding Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  2. the trend is opposite. Short dresses get additional current among young women and become their initial selections once purchase outfits for casual parties and balls.
    asymmetrical prom dresses

    ReplyDelete
  3. high quality, best costs and quickest delivery, square measure what smil jurken offers to its customers.
    About smil jurkenCocktail Prom Dresses

    ReplyDelete